Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How Does God Speak to You?





Writing can be a lonely process. Thinking, plotting, revising, editing...all the technical steps involved in creating a well-written piece are steps that take you out of the moment and away from your family.

Yet if you are compelled to write, or pursue any endeavor that requires independent thought, this separation is a necessary part of the entire process.

I call that getting out of yourself. It's a wonderful and cathartic process. Meditating on God's word and opening my heart to Him in prayer is essential to my life and to my writing.

Then why do I feel, sometimes, so torn about writing? I am writing Inspirational Romance Novels, books that are centered around God's love for us. It's a happy topic! So why do I still have pangs of nostalgia about missing precious moments with my family?

Could it be because God speaks to me through them, too? Is He calling me to listen to Him, through them?

Do you ever wonder how God is trying to reach you? How does He speak to you? How do you listen to Him?

No comments: