Thursday, September 10, 2009

Very First Post - A Total Leap of Faith

I have been keeping this blog all to myself, safe, secure and sheltered, for months now, fooling myself into thinking I would really do it when everything was "just right".
Truth is, I am -or have been -petrified of getting started because I have not wanted to sound anything but perfect. You see, as a writer I have complete control over everything that happens in my books. No unforeseen developments. No typos. No embarrassing loose ends. Just a neat and perfect world of my own creation. But with this, with a blog? It is completely spontaneous and (cringe) unpredictable. Yikes, there's no way I'm going to put my name on something I haven't edited to the point of tears.
Until today! Thank you Lynn Terry and Andy Jenkins for your great web discussion this afternoon, all about getting into the real work of our lives - which is adjusting our mindsets. Why not just put my first posting out there? What good does it do to keep it in, or safe, anyway?
And what irony: I write inspirational romance novels, mainly (although I just had a Historical come out this month) which address the role of faith in our lives. Guess it's time for me to practice what I preach, right?
So here's my big leap of faith! I can't wait to talk with you about what it's like to follow your dreams and do what you really love to do, and share my writing life with you. Hope you will enjoy and I really really look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for coming along. :-)
Bye for now, Regina www.reginaandrews.com

4 comments:

Mark Mason said...

Hey Gina -- congrats on your first post (of many).

Unknown said...

Yeah Gina! Congratulations on your first step in the Oatmeal Marketing Method. It was a wonderful interview filled with insight and inspiration.

Lynn Terry said...

I'm so glad you got started here - I'm really looking forward to reading along :)

It was great to meet you at the webinar, and to see you take immediate action that same day. Exciting!

Lynn

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

Congratulations on starting a blog, it is a daunting task, I hope your blog does well.

-The Book Buff