Monday, February 8, 2010

Hope Springs Eternal


What is the one thing that you are hoping for? The cherished objective you are striving to achieve? How will you feel when you accomplish this goal?

These are the questions I am wrestling with now that my fourth book, Destiny's Designs, is nearing release. After years of writing, longing, hoping and dreaming, the reality has arrived: my books are out.

For sure, I am filled with boundless gratitude. To be honest, though, there's a little fear mixed in, too, having met a goal. How will I know what's next? Where will God guide me?

It reminds me of the time I was afraid to fly and I just got in the plane and went! No way was I missing a trip to Paris. God had my trust on that one. He has had it ever since, I remind myself.

So mixed in with my uncertainty is exhilaration, a joyful anticipation born of faith. Hope. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me next.

What are you hoping for? Have you ever felt anticipation like I described? What happened?

No comments: